Thursday, May 21, 2009

Almost the Weekend.....A 3 Day Weekend!

Well, as another Memorial Day weekend approaches, my excitement builds. Every Memorial Day, hubby and I go to a special Memorial Day mass out at the cemetery. It really helps you to remember why you're off work, and why you are able to live in the great (though sometimes frustrating) country. Don't get me wrong, I love the hamburgers and the extra day off from work, but I also love that we have a holiday honoring our soldiers. My weekend looks like this:

Friday night - head out to the local KC hall and have dinner with the in-laws. Let Parker play on the swings and hang out with family.

Saturday - Go shopping for Memorial Day gear at Old Navy. Also get Parker a pool and some new shorts and flip-flops. He's just getting so darn big!

Saturday night - relax at the casa and probably make some food for our Sunday outing.

Sunday - go to mass. Then, come home and change and go to my dad's for a day of swimming and eating. This will be Parker's first time in the pool, so there are gonna be pics on the Family Blog.

Sunday evening - relax and bake for the next day.

Monday - go to mass at the cemetery (one of my favorite traditions!) Go to my grandmother's house for Memorial Day burgers and also a small celebration for my grandpa's birthday. 65 years old is nothing to laugh at!!!! I plan on bringing a little pool for the little ones to play in....so hopefully there will be pics of that too.

This weekend is shaping up to be beautifully full and exciting. What do y'all do to celebrate??? I would love to hear!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment