Friday, August 21, 2009

A Little Bit of Fall.........

This morning I woke up to a little bit of cooler air and some breeze! What a great little taste of Fall!

~There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1~

As the season get ready to change, my anticipation grows. I begin to think about how I am going to decorate for Thanksgiving and the Harvest season. What flowers will I plant? When should I buy the baby some warmer clothes? I wonder what I will need to fix for Thanksgiving? And the list goes on and on.

I also think about the seasons concerning my faith journey. I've come to realize that we are all in different seasons in our faith. Some of us are in the Spring time of our faith. We are excited about the upcoming growth and warmth of it all. We are fertile ground waiting for God to sprinkle little seeds of devotion and wisdom on us. Others are in the summer season. We are lounging in the glow of God's love. Our faith walk is like a little vacation. We enjoy our time with God and crave more of it! Some of us are in the Autumn season. We are reaping those wonderful blessings that God has given us. We are thanking Him and praising Him for all that he has done. However, some of us are in the Winter season. Our relationship with God seems cold and dark. We are not reading the Bible, attending church, or praying like we should. We sit around and wait for Spring to come back.

Unlike the seasons of the earth, faith journey seasons may last months or even years. What season are you in? I've found that I can be in one or two seasons at once. And sometimes I find that what ever is going on in my life causes the season that I am in. I've also found out that we can determine our season all on our own (with God's help of course!). If we are in the winter season and things just are warm and fuzzy anymore, we have to jump back into the thick of things. We have to start reading the Bible and Christian books more, praying more fervently, and attending church and prayer groups that will encourage and build us!

God says, "There is a season for everything." That means that we will all go through the bad times and the good times. But, no matter what season we are in, God is there to guide us and take us to the next level of our Faith Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment