Every morning I receive a three minute retreat in my inbox from loyolapress.com. I am Catholic, and so today's verse is only in my Catholic Bible, but it is a goodie!
All the works of the Lord are good: and he will give every needful thing in due season. Sirach 39:33
I like this verse because it tells us that everything that the Lord gives us is good. If he makes it, it is good. You're good, I'm good, and everyone and everything is good. If we go to God in pray, believing that everything he gives us is good, then we will be given every needful thing in due season, or in God's time. I have to remind myself that God's time isn't my time. He knows what's best for me and he will give me the things he thinks that I need in His time.
Lord, thank you making me and for making me "good." Lord, I know that whatever I ask of You, if You see fit, you will give me it in Your time. Thank you for listening to my prayers and being a wonderful Father. I Love You, Lindsey.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment