Friday, December 19, 2008

Bible Reading Challenge

Joey (my husband) and I have started this Bible Reading Challenge along with many other 'bloggers.' We try and read 3 chapter each night. You are suppose to read 3 chaptes a day and then pray for fifteen minutes about whatever is on your heart and then post about what you read. Joey and I started on Wednesday night, December 17th. We read Genesis 1-3. I loved this part of the Bible because it reminds me of Sunday School when I was a little girl. We would go over what happened each day of creation and then color a picture or something to that effect. Now that I am an adult, I have a different picture in my mind about creation. I think of evolution and the idea that it plays with and how creation totally disagrees with it. I think about Eve and her sin that caused all of us women to endure horrible pain when birthing a child. My thoughts are totally different than when I was younger.

Last night, we read Genesis 4-9. We read double because tonight we are in a Christmas program at church as the Holy Family. This part was about Cain and Abel and the great flood and Noah. This brought up some great discussion. I can tell that Joey is really getting a lot out of our readings and prayer.

Just an update: this blog with only be posted on the weekdays because I don't have internet at home. I will catch up on Monday!!!!

God Bless and Keep all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment