Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday



This is a new thing that I'm doing, and I thought that it was simple, yet very special. On Thursdays, I will write about what I am thankful for. Now, I really don't know where to start, and in actuality, this could take me all day. But, I have decided to only list five things on each Thursday and to be really deep about the five things that I am thankful for. So, here goes...

1. my God - Lately I have been very much in tuned to what God is saying to me. I have been asking him to speak to me, and lately he really has. As a child, I used to pray that God would speak to because I would hear people say, "Well, God told me......." I used to pray and listen really hard, but I never heard anything. Well, now I have learned to listen with my heart, not my ears.

2. my husband - Joey is one of the best people I have ever met. He makes me want to be a better person. For that I am blessed!

3. my son - Parker has taught me so much in the few months that we've been together. I now know what unconditional love is.

4. my friends - I have learned that I couldn't get through anything nearly as quickly if I didn't have such a great support system. I love all of my ACTS sisters, blog pals, e-mail friends, and just friends in general. They have all had such an impact on my life in so many ways. The encouragement is amazing!!!!

5. my mother and mother-in-law - these two women are amazing. Each one has been through so much in her own way, and yet both of them still push on. My mother will be graduating from college at the end of the Spring semester. I am so proud of her. Right now she has a 4.0! She has taught me to give my all in all things. My mother-in-law is really like a 2nd mother to. I am blessed to have two moms that truly love me and support me. Carolyn has been my rock. She is a great example of a strong, Catholic woman. I have learned so much from her. I hope to be half of the mother that both of them are.

Well, that sums up my "Thankful Thursday" for today. Tune in next week for more thanksgiving!!! If you want to join me just click on the picture at the top of this post and it will take you to the main website.

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment