
For Today...
Dear Lord,
I bring you my shortcomings...not praying nearly enough and trusting that You have my best interests in mind. I need to trust You more in certain areas of my life that I try and control. Also, help me to become more pious. To pray more deeply and to pray more frequently.
I bring you my worship and praise...thank you for giving such wonderful women in my life that I can look up to and learn from. They are wonderful examples of Godly Women and I thank you that they are in my life. Also, thank you for the wonderful sunrise this morning. It was breathtaking!
I bring you my prayer...this is a novena that I will be praying along with my Sisters in Christ. Catholic or not, it should be of great concern for any Christian. Please join for the next nine days, including today, to pray this novena of Reparation of Roe vs. Wade on January 22nd.
Prayer of Reparation
God and Father of Life,
You have created every human person,
And have opened the way for each to have eternal life.
We live in the shadow of death.
Tens of millions of your children have been killed
Thanks to the Roe vs. Wade decision legalizing abortion.
Father, have mercy of us.
Heal our land
And accept our offering of prayer and penance.
In your love for us,
Turn back the scourge of abortion.
May each of us exult in hearts full of hope
And hands full of mercy
And work together to build a culture of life.
We pray through Christ our Lord. Amen.
You spoke to me...through many things!!! Yesterday was an Epiphany in my life (one of many I'm sure). I am listening Lord, continue to speak!
"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete..." James 1:2-4 (NLT)
Wonderful devotion. I pray too that God will heal our land. We recently tried again in SD to overturn our abortion ban and it was defeated again. But, we will not give up and will continue to pray that God will turn those from evil to good.
ReplyDeleteLove your bookshelf...Beverly Lewis is one of my favorites!
Thank you for the lovely comment Sarah. Keep praying!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your devotion. God spoke to me last night useing James 1:1-8. Such a wonderful passage. I enjoyed my visit to your blog. I will return later and read more. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful devotion. Thank you for sharing. I love the Prayer of Reparation. Doylene
ReplyDelete