Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday In Texas

I know I didn't post anything yesterday......the weather made me extra LAZY!!!! I just skipped all my Monday 'stuff' this week! I'm sure it'll be okay though!!!! We had a great weekend. Friday night we went out to eat with Joey's Family. Then on Saturday we left the house at like 6:30 am and went to Cracker Barrel (my favorite place to eat) and then to HEB. That is such a great time to go shopping! There was hardly anyone there! Then we went home and got ready for the wedding. Amy and Heath had the most beautiful wedding I think I have ever seen. We had a blast! We got home around 11 pm!!!! That's close to crazy for us! Parker went to the wedding too, and I think he had a great time. He was asleep by 8 pm on his GiGi's shoulder.......and then his Peepaw's........the music didn't even bother him!!!! They even danced with him and he didn't even wake up! Sunday morning we went to mass at 10:30 and then over to Joey's parents for lunch. After that we traveled up IH-35 to Hillsboro and hit up the sale at Carter's! Fun, Fun, Fun!!!! Parker got tons of stuff! He's totally set for a while. After that we headed home and made a fire in the Ben Franklin stove.....I love it!!!!! I think it's one of the best features of our home! We snuggled on the couch after Parker went to bed, and we were asleep in the bed by 8 pm!!!!! It was a great weekend. Last night we went to our Czech speaking class at the Community center. Let me just say this....I won't be speakin' good Czech for a while. It is a very hard language to learn. With that said....I refuse to give up! And Joey agrees. One good thing about the class is the Czech history that we're learning. It's really interesting! Hope everyone in Texas is staying extra warm.

Hope everyone is safe today and tomorrow, we're supposed to get some ICE!!! In Texas it is totally an "Event" when ice is on the way. We all sit around watching the weather and the delays and cancellations. We all hope that work will call and cancel. I remember sitting in front of the T.V. at like 6 in the morning waiting for my school to scroll across the bottom of the screen. I would never wake up that early unless ICE was expected! Funny thing is, I still do that!!!! Stay warm and safe all my fellow Texans!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment