Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Wonderful Woman with Wonderful Advice

I stumbled upon a great author today by chance. I was reading a blog by Susan Wiggs and this lady's name popped up...so being the curious girl that I am......I decided to take a gander at her website found here. Her name is Mary Balogh. I have yet to read one of her books since I just found her 20 minutes ago, but I found some great advice and some thoughts of hers that fall right into my way of thinking (scary, I know!). Here is what I found....maybe it explains why I change what I read all of the time because I loose interest.

When I am not Writing

I am a voracious reader. I read anything and everything--fiction, non-fiction, classics, blockbusters, you name it--provided it can hold and sustain my attention through the first fifty pages. I used to plod dutifully through every book I started, but that changed after I suffered through Moby Dick a number of years ago. Life is too short and there are too many unread books out there for time to be wasted on what does not entertain me in any way at all.

This was written by Mary and I am convinced that she and I would get along very well!!! I plan on searching out some of her books this weekend.....some time! You can click on the quote and it will take you to her "about me" section of her website. She is very interesting lady and I plan on getting to know her through her books and website!!!!

Luv,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment