Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lovin' The Background

I found this quirky little background at The Cutest Blog on The Block.....check 'em out! They have some fun and crazy blog backgrounds (and they're free!).

So, after my hair catastrophe yesterday, I went and picked my little man up at daycare. On the way to town, I started to cry. I kept thinking...."I don't like this cut!!! I want something different....I feel like a boy!" So, I called my aunt's shop and a sweet lady that works there worked me into her terribly busy schedule. Like I keep telling everyone, "The lady that cut it the first time did it exactly like I told her, but it just didn't look good on me!"Now I have a stacked cut in the back and I love it!!!! It's so short and sassy!!!! I have gotten so many compliments on it!

Ambition - Many of my faithful friends and readers know that I am a self~proclaimed bookworm that reads and blogs as much as possible. What many of you don't know is that......I also love to write. I have always wanted to write a romance novel, but I just haven't gotten up the nerve to yet. So, I plan on working on some ideas for books this month, and then I will try to write a first draft this year.....hopefully. I am typing this and thinking to my self, "Lindsey, if you write this on this public blog then you'll be held accountable for this 'so-called book' you plan on 'someday' writing." I'm scared and little embarrassed, but I think that one day I'll have one published.....one day. We shall see!

Earlier I was reading a great blog of a great author, Ms. Susan Wiggs, and she said that someone one day told her that the only way to be a good author and writer is to "read, read, read." Well, I guess I know what I have to do! Can't wait!!!

What am I reading right now???? Well, I was reading Larkspur by Dorothy Garlock, but I kinda got sidetracked the other day as I was putting away some books that I had recently purchased at a bookstore here in town. (a resale shop, of course!) I found a book by the lady I mentioned above, Susan Wiggs, and I decided to jump into it! It's called Table for Five and it's really good!!!! I would love to know what others are reading and what they suggest I read in the future. Please comment (and now you don't have to be a member to comment on here!).

Luv,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment