Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Blessed Beyond Measure

This weekend was wonderful. I should tell you that my camera skills are lacking.....very lacking. I left it at my in-laws Sunday, and so I have NO pictures of Parker's first Memorial Day........This makes me sad! But, besides that, we had an awesome weekend. Parker got in the pool for the first time and he loved it! I'm so happy he's not scared of the water. I made my grandfather a "Sock-It-To-Me Cake" for his birthday and it was a big hit! Sometimes my baking turns out to be disastrous (for example, my sand tarts that melted in the oven when I baking for Christmas), but this one was great! Yesterday morning we went to mass at the cemetery for Memorial Day services. It was a gorgeous morning and our family had on their Patriotic Gear! We enjoyed mass and then went to my grandparents. I really had a great weekend. Here is a little verse that I thought really summed it up!

"I long to obey your commandments! Renew my life with your goodness."
~Psalm 119:40~

You may be saying.....now, how does this sum up the weekend. Well.......I kinda got back into the spiritual side of myself this weekend. For some reason, I had slipped up and started down a way that I feel wasn't a good example for my son. I wasn't doing anything horrible!!! Just the normal things that make you feel like a bad wife and mom. For example: being lazy, drinking too much (remember I'm Catholic, so I believe that you can drink......in moderation!), cussing (I have always had a problem with this), not reading quality books that challenge me as a mother, wife, daughter, and Christian, not praying at all (I am so ashamed of this!), and not even picking up my Bible in a month or so......etc......So, I picked up my Bible on Sunday night and I felt a warm sensation and a sense of calmness come over me. I prayed a little that night and then the next day I felt like a new person. So....that is why the verse is perfect for Memorial Day Weekend.

Have I opened myself up to y'all enough??? Ha!


I hope everyone has a blessed and wondrous day!

~Lin~

2 comments:

  1. Girl... I do the same thing by getting on that wrong path. Praise God that He loves us and forgives us! So glad to hear you picked up your Bible again... you can NEVER go wrong with that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment!!! I am so happy that God forgives.......because goodness knows that I need it!

    ReplyDelete