I just love this question! Each and every one of us has an inner writer. Only a number of us let that little savage (in my case) out. I have this little problem when I write. I WRITE EVERYTHING! And I mean everything. Every thought, every feeling, every emotion, every everything! So.....I call my inner write a savage due to the fact that it is very wild and slightly untamed!
Lately I have been feeling the pressures of "growing up." I consider myself a grownup seeing as how I have a husband, son, house, and 2 dogs (oh, and a full time job that I really like, but would like to do more ), but I still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up." I was reading an application for a job the other day and one of the questions was: If there were no limits set on you, what would you like to do for the rest of your life. I thought about this for a minute and then, without hesitation, I wrote: I would love to travel and then write about the places that I have visited. This may be Fiction or not. I love to read about different places and lifestyles, and I would love to experience them for myself (in person).
After I wrote that I discovered that the mere thought of writing a book that someone else might like to read and might actually relate to really excited me. I've always wanted to write a book, but I have lacked the necessary motivation that this task requires. The small little box on that application got me thinking. Why can't I write about the places I have gone and the people that I have met.....and one day even travel and write.
You know....like wonder around Europe with a backpack and a laptop. The thought just makes my heart feel so electric!
So, I guess what I'm saying is that I am turning this blog into a writer's/ reader's blog. I plan on starting my first draft of my first novel very soon. (Once I narrow down some ideas and plans!) And so I hope to chronicle this experience!
So, you'll be seeing some changes on my blog....don't fret...I'm just doing something for my inner writer!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment