Happy~because the summer in getting closer to being over and I am about ready to run through the streets cursing the heat (not really). I am so sick of summer. I noticed that when ever folks are asked what their favorite season is they bust out with "SUMMER!!" Totally not me! I would have to vote for Fall~Autumn. Gotta love any season with two names, right? Here are some totally wonderful reasons why Fall~Autumn is so darn wonderful~~~
1. I live in Texas....nuff said! It's hot in the summer! Okay, let me correct myself....it's horribly, terribly, awfully, disgustingly HOT! Anything under 90 degrees is fine with me!
2. Thanksgiving! Duh!!!!
3. Football season!
4. School starts (I was one of those strange kids that got all excited about school supplies shopping and packing my backpack. I still insist on going with my brother, a sophomore this year, to help pick out his school supplies. There's just something about pens and paper that gets me every time!)
5. Fall decor! I just love the pumpkins, colored corn ears, and chrysanthemums! (<-- I totally spelled that right the first time!)
6. Christmas planning
7. WestFest (a Czech festival that we attend annually!)
8. Deer season....now I'm not a hunter, but my darling hubby is. He loves to go to the deer lease and hang with the guys. So, I have to say that I enjoy seeing that exciting smile on his face!
9. Fall ACTS retreat
10. The beginning of soup-season (a Lindsey word). I am a totally nut about soup in the fall and winter. I love to make it and drown it in cheese and then curl up on the couch in front of a great football game with my sweet husband and adorable son!
11. Fall-ish clothes.....I have had a baby and so the end of swimsuit season is always a blessing!
I think that about sums up my fall list! I'm sure there's more.........
Lindsey Lou
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment