~ When a man walks in integrity and justice, happy are his children after him. Prov 20:7
~ A newsmonger reveals secrets; so have nothing to do with a babbler. Prov 20:19
~ He who pursues justice and kindness will find life and honor. Prov 21:21
~ A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem, than gold and silver. Prov. 22:1
~Train a boy in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not swerve from it. Prov 22:6
~ Apply your heart to instruction, and your ears to words of knowledge. Prov 23:12
Starting in the middle of chapter 22, we begin reading the sayings of the wise. These are really good. They continue on through chapter 23. It's interesting to me that I know right from wrong, and yet I chose to do wrong. I think that is what these few chapters are talking about. It tells us the way to live, but if we chose to ignore it and go about it our own way, then we are foolish.
I'll be the first to admit that most of the time I am foolish. I try to do things the "Lindsey's Way" first and when that fails (which it usually does) I turn to God for guidance. Why don't I just turn to him in the first place???? Wouldn't that save me a lot of time and heartache? Of course it would!!!
I hope all of you that signed up to read Proverbs with me are keeping up and getting something out of it. I can honestly say that I feel a change in myself since I started reading the Bible more. I find myself listening to more Christian music than I did before, reading better books, and also thinking about what I do before I do it. Now, I'm not perfect, nor will I ever be perfect. But, we have to try to be better. If we try, God will see that and He will be so proud!
I hope everyone is having a marvelously blessed week!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment